5 Reasons Cruising is the BEST Way to See Alaska
Maybe I should start out with the idea that I believe everyone really does need to see Alaska at some point in their travel adventures. If you have not been there, it should be top on your bucket list of trips to plan.
There is no better way, in my opinion, to see Alaska than on a cruise ship. I would like to think that I am the adventurous type that could hike the wilderness of such a beautiful location. But honestly, if you can see the beauty of Alaska and still enjoy the luxury of a cruise ship, then put away your train tickets and hiking boots and set sail on your adventure!
1. Sailing Glacier Bay National Park is truly magical.
Cruising is the only way to have this experience. You can view the magnificent scenery and glaciers from your stateroom balcony or from one of the open decks. The stunning landscape will take your breath away as you spend the day sailing through the park.
2. The Excursions are adventurous and life changing.
There are helicopter rides, dog sled runs, zip lining, kayaking, fishing trips and hikes on a glacier.
3. Each port offers an adorable village full of local food and fun shopping.
From Ketchikan to Juneau to Skagway, you will find interesting pubs, local feasts, hand crafts and shopping. But if you are looking for a day of relaxation, you can always enjoy the views from your ship and enjoy a less crowded experience onboard.
4. You will be able to visit ports of call that you would have difficulty seeing via plane, train or automobile.
Plus, if you are feeling that you need to see more of Alaska after your trip, you can always add on other adventures such as Denali National Park.
5. You can experience the magic of Alaska with your friends and family from a floating resort that features delicious dining, wonderful entertainment and daily activities.
Cruising allows you to truly relax and enjoy many exciting activities at your fingertips. You can be as busy or as quiet as you would like. There are work out classes, seminars, performances, and pretty much anything you could imagine doing on these ships.
Ready to go? Check out our upcoming Alaska cruise in collaboration with Celebrity Cruises!